Key Concepts: Communicating with Sign – An approach to supporting people with Complex Communication Needs
This one-day course covers theoretical and practical components of key concept or word signing, a common strategy used to support people with complex communication needs. Participants will explore features of a key concept sign approach and become familiar with teaching strategies to start using a core vocabulary of signs.
- Support persons, team leaders, case managers
- Professionals supporting adults with complex communication needs
After completing this training, participants should be able to:
- Identify how to individualise a key concept approach for different people’s communication support needs
- Demonstrate a core vocabulary of signs and combine such into sentences for communication through practical sign tutorials
- Clearly communicate and model a key concept signing approach during conversational interactions.
For more information or to register, visit: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/key-concepts-communicating-with-sign-an-approach-to-supporting-people-with-complex-communication-tickets-42059696685