The Circle of Security (COS) is a relationship based early intervention program designed to enhance attachment security between parents/care givers and children.
Circle of Security Parenting Training© is a DVD parent education program offering the core components of the evidence-based and internationally acclaimed COS protocol.
Most parents could benefit greatly from a program such as this as it is non-blaming and simply focuses on the connection through the relationship and how this can be enhanced.
It is not a behavioural modification approach in caring for children.
It is an attachment based parent reflection class. Designed to engage parent’s wisdom and to help them follow their child’s needs.
The organisational framework for the parents is to be a ‘Secure Base’ or a ‘Safe Haven’ as represented in the COS diagram. This highlights the children’s needs of going out to explore or coming back in and depending on the secure attachment bond with the parent/care giver.
Wuchopperen Health Service Ltd, Centacare, Dovespace and The Benevolent Society have run this workshop before. Best to contact them with expression of interest to see when they will run another workshop.
Early Days Online Workshops
Early Days is a series of FREE workshops for parents and family members of young children (0-6 years) who are on the autism spectrum. The workshops are also suitable for parents who may have concerns about their child but have not received a formal diagnosis.
Positive Partnerships provides professional support and assistance for parents and carers like you. Our solution-based tools and workshops will help you build your confidence and knowledge in some of the key areas associated with supporting your child as they grow and develop.
- Workshops – We offer free workshops around Australia to provide information and strategies to support your child’s learning.
- Online Learning Hub – Online learning modules and webinars that cover a wide range of autism-related topics. Free and available at your convenience.
- Resources – From information sheets and tools, to stories from other families, you’ll find loads of autism spectrum information and support.
To view our future workshop locations please stay tuned to our website or call 1300 881 971. Workshops are run around the country, so keep an eye out for the next one in Cairns. Meanwhile ‘The parent/carer course and materials are also available online. By participating in the online course you will gain:
- A greater understanding of the impact of autism
- An understanding about the processes and strategies for effective parent, school and teacher partnerships
- Specific strategies on how you can advocate for your child
- Strategies to strengthen your support network and how to link to local services.
The Triple P – Positive Parenting Program is one of the most effective evidence-
based parenting programs in the world, backed up by more than 30 years of ongoing research.
Triple P gives parents simple and practical strategies to help them confidently manage their children’s behaviour, prevent problems developing and build strong, healthy relationships.
Triple P is used in more than 25 countries and has been shown to work across cultures, socio-economic groups and in all kinds of family structures. For more information about how Triple P can help you and your family, please go to our website for parents.
Stepping Stones Triple P recognises that parents raising a child with a disability face exceptional challenges. So, it offers specially-tailored positive parenting help to suit different families’ needs. Stepping Stones helps you manage problem behaviour and developmental issues common in children with disability. It also helps encourage behaviour you like, cope with stress, develop a close relationship with your child and teach your child new skills.
Stepping Stones Triple P is for parents of children from 2-12 years Because all families are different, Triple P has a range of ways to get your positive parenting program. So, if you’d like to do Triple P free in Queensland you can choose from:
- One-on-one sessions with a Triple P provider Personal sessions could be a few quick meetings or, if you need more support, a ten-week course.
- Group sessions There’s something for everyone – with one-off seminars, two-hour workshops and longer courses – all done in the company of other parents.
- Triple P Online Get all the positive parenting strategies in an eight-module course you do whenever, wherever you want.
The Brave Program for young children provides parents and carers of children aged 3 to 7 with education about anxiety and teaches them a variety of strategies to manage anxiety-provoking situations that their child may experience. Parents and carers also receive information on strategies to better manage their child’s anxious behaviours. We also provide parents with some important reminders about their own self-care.
The BRAVE Program is an interactive, online program for the prevention and treatment of childhood and adolescent anxiety. The programs are free, and provide ways for children and teenagers to better cope with their worries.
Their Engaging Interactive Programs are:
- The Social Express – Foundational Social Skills
- Cool School – Creating a Positive School Culture
- Teen Career Path – Career and Life Readiness
Secret Agent Society is a social skills training program to help children feel happier, calmer and to make new friends. Check with your psychologist if they run this program. Some schools and other organisations also run sessions.
Secret Agent Society NDIS Guide We have developed a guide for SAS Providers and NDIS Plan Managers, Planners and Support Coordinators who have NDIS participants with goals related to SAS.
The Cool Little Kids Online program is for Australian parents of shy or anxious young children aged 3 to 6 years.
- 12 months access for a single user to Cool Little Kids Online
- Practice activities to implement skills
- Technical support
Cool Little Kids Online is adapted from the Cool Little Kids group parenting program, which has been safely and effectively used in Australia for over 10 years. Parents have found it helpful for improving young children’s fear and anxiety.
A parenting program that aims to increase the confidence of young children, so that they have fewer anxiety problems as they grow.
Cool Little Kids Online is adapted from the Cool Little Kids group parenting program, which has been safely and effectively used in Australia for over 10 years. Parents have found it helpful for improving young children’s fear and anxiety about:
- Saying hello/goodbye
- Separating from parents (e.g. at preschool)
- Playing with unfamiliar people (e.g. playdates, parties)
- Trying new activities (e.g. swimming lessons)
- Going to sleep